Pelican Point Retreat is part of the "Rocky Point Farms" enterprise which is a working mixed commercial bio-dynamic farming operation which incorporates an aquaculture/aquaponics farm producing yabbies and fish. The owners have also been involved in co-managing the adjacent (now) National Park for over 50 years.
All visitors and guests are welcomed by a member of our staff and required to sign in on arrival and out on departure. Entry is only permitted by prior arrangement and vehicles are restricted to use of the main driveway and Pelican Point Retreat Grounds.
As a bio-dynamic and sustainable agricultural operation, we take bio-security very seriously, so encourage visitors to ensure vehicles are clean of any grasses or weed seeds, fruit or animal products which have not been purchased from retailers.
To help us remain self-sufficient, and keep costs as low as possible, please note the following:
Visitors and hirers are permitted on the Pelican Point grounds, laneways/designated traffic routes and in the National Park only, unless otherwise supervised or directed by staff of Pelican Point or RPP Enterprises.
• All Visitors and hirers enter at their own risk and no liability will be accepted by the property owners, staff or RPP Enterprises Pty Ltd for injury, death, misadventure, damage to or loss of property or life. This disclaimer extends to Parks Victoria in accordance with its policies.
• WATER is filtered but otherwise untreated and MAY contain some discolouration or slight odour from time to time due to ultra-fine sediment in suspension. It is not harmful when showering / washing etc. Visitors are advised to allow hot or cold taps to flow freely for a few seconds to clear any sediment before use. Not advised for brushing teeth or drinking unless boiled.
• DRINKING WATER is clean rainwater & ONLY available from the kitchen sink tap. Alternately you may use bottled water.
• FIRE RESTRICTIONS: - During the N.E. District Fire season (usually Oct-April), fires are NOT permitted except in the Fire-Pit provided. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES may a fire be lit or allowed to burn in the National Park or on Days of TOTAL FIRE BAN.
• All injurys must be logged in the incident folder kept in the Kitchen First Aid cupboard.
*All children MUST be directly supervised by a parent or responsible Adult at ALL TIMES
• Farm Buildings, Plant, Equipment and Livestock handling areas are STRICTLY out-of bounds unless supervised by Pelican Point or Farm Staff. Please note that this is a working farm which operates very large agricultural equipment with limited visibility so visitors are advised to maintain a safe distance from any machinery and NOT to enter ANY area where operations are taking place or Livestock are present.
• PLEASE NOTE: Moblie Reception is NOT RELIABLE. Please ensure others with you know or you log your whereabouts in the Bushwalk register kept in the kitchen . Tall Grasses and a lack of familiarity can lead to disorientation so care must be taken.
• Swimming is FORBIDDEN in dams, and the Lagoon below the Rocky Point Homestead. All children MUST be directly supervised by a parent or responsible Adult at ALL TIMES. Parents and/or carers are wholly responsible for their care and safety at all times.
FOR HIRERS OF THE RETREAT:
• Please wash dishes, dry and return to cupboards after use. Please report any breakages in the incident register.
• Please help us conserve water and energy by keeping showers short and switching off lights and heaters when not in use.
• The Log Fire in the Lounge is efficient and should burn for several hours / overnight if correctly stoked. You can help conserve our firewood resources by only using the amount of wood required to keep you comfortable. Once fully fired, the wood heater will heat both loungerooms and the kitchen area – and extend to the sleeping quarters over time if the house is closed up.
• Before departure, please ensure floors are swept, rubbish placed in bins provided. PLEASE RECYCLE ☺