IMPORTANT ACCESS INFORMATION: 2WD access to our house, 4WD down to the river/campsite area. I can transport you down to the river if you want to come and don't have 4WD.
No pets and No fishing - We do not support catch and release.
Black Mountain is a registered conservation property. We seek to protect all flora and fauna by enhancing their natural environment and minimizing human impact.
* You are welcome to boat, snorkel and swim in the river at your own risk.
* No Fishing - Eastern Cod are protected. We do not support catch
* Shuttle Services are available by arrangement using your own vehicle from your campsite on Black Mountain to Platypus Flat, Cod Hole, Little Nymboida or the Nymboida Bridge can be arranged for Kayakers/rafters/Canooists
- see fee schedule
There a number of rugged walking tracks across Black Mountain - You are welcome to explore these at your own risk including:
* Joan's Track - Circuit - Less than one hour. Starts at Eagles Nest and finishes at the river
* Slightly Strenuous Stroll - Circuit - App 2-3 hours. Starts or ends at Eagles Nest
* Main Gully Walk - Approx 1 hour return. Walk up the main gully to the house and return either via the road or the main gully.
The Ant Shack is equipped: 2 single bunks (including bedding), kitchenette - 2 ring gas burner stove and all utensils. The adjacent area has a campfire, tables and chairs. Larger groups may wish to book the adjacent camping areas: Myrtle Terrace, Eagles Nest or Drongo Dell....
Children love our place - they can swim, walk and find their own secret places. Please keep a keen eye on them to ensure their safety and to conserve this beautiful place.