Am I allowed to have visitors on my land?
This will be a decision for you and something that Youcamp cannot take responsibility for. Check with your Local Council about your local laws – you may fall under an exemption or need a permit. Youcamp Safe applies to eligible hosts regardless of approvals. It is critical you read and agree to Youcamp’s Terms and Conditions before listing your property.
Do I need to have Council approval to list my property on Youcamp?
No – but we advise you to comply with Local Council or State Government exemptions or regulations. If you don’t have council approval then you should start by only welcoming fully self contained travellers, which means you are only providing a parking spot and it is very easy to stop operating if council objects.
I need some help in dealing with my local council. Can Youcamp help?
Yes. Local council rules can be confusing so we’re working with local and state governments around Australia to clarify the rules so that it is fairer and easier for a host to create a tourism business and list it on Youcamp. If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch [email protected].
We also suggest getting in touch with a town planner. Town planners can assist by negotiating directly with your local Council on your behalf.
What legal issues should I consider?
Before listing your property on Youcamp, we recommend you have appropriate legal protection against claims. We are not lawyers and cannot give you legal advice. The following points are intended as a guide for hosts to consider but are not a substitute for obtaining your own legal advice and should not be relied on as such. Each host’s circumstances will be different, so it is important you check the laws applying in your particular location and for the particular activities you offer. Youcamp accepts no liability for any loss or damage resulting from hosts failing to obtain their own appropriate legal advice.
What is Youcamp Safe?
Youcamp Safe is an insurance solution designed to protect property owners (Hosts) hosting campers (Guests) on their property from claims by Guests for bodily injury and/or property damage. Claims that arise against Hosts from Guests for the use of their property during the booking period will have the benefit of insurance protection subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. The policy has been specifically tailored for camping, eco-tourism and outdoor adventure activities and to deliver a broad, consistent and cost-effective policy to protect Youcamp Hosts. Youcamp Safe has been designed and is provided through insurance advisor and intermediary, Honan Insurance Group, and underwritten by Underwriters at Lloyd’s, London.
Please read the Youcamp Safe Insurance Insurance Scheme page for more details.
What do the Youcamp Terms and Conditions mean in simple terms?
- You must 18 years of age or older to use Youcamp.
- Youcamp is purely an online platform. A booking is solely between a guest and a host. Youcamp collects the full booking amount and passes it onto the host when the guest checks in.
- Youcamp accepts no responsibility for the actions of Hosts or Guests or for any other user of the Youcamp System.
- Youcamp is not an owner or operator or provider of any travel or transport services, properties, campsites, lodgings or other accommodations and Youcamp does not rent, manage or control any of the foregoing. The responsibilities of Youcamp are limited to operating the Youcamp System.
- Youcamp gives no warranty that such information is accurate, and it is your responsibility to verify information regarding a Property with Hosts directly.
- You may view Property Listings as an unregistered User of the Youcamp System, however in order to book a Property or to create a Property Listing, you must register for an Account.
- The personal information that you provide to Youcamp (or which Youcamp otherwise obtains) during the registration process, shall be used to create your Account. You must give us current, accurate, and complete information about yourself during the registration process and you must ensure that any such information is always kept up to date.
- You must not post or upload any content containing viruses, political advertising, commercial solicitation, mass mailings, or any form of spam.
- You must not create a Property Listing as a Host for property that you do not own or otherwise have sufficient legal right to rent or otherwise create a Property Listing for. By creating a Property Listing, you warrant to Youcamp that you own or otherwise have sufficient legal right to rent or otherwise create a Property Listing.
- Hosts and guests are obligated to use the Youcamp system for all Youcamp generated bookings – either received directly on the Youcamp website or through word of mouth, social media, advertising or other sources. A host can add a booking manually when an enquiry has been received by phone, email or someone who arrives. Circumventing the Youcamp System is in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
- As a host, it is your responsibility to comply with local laws and seek insurance as required.
- Youcamp charges a Guest Fee on each booking (11%) and a Host Fee (3%) to cover the cost of each transaction. If you’re eligible, Youcamp charges an Insurance Fee (8%). Hosts can also nominate if they are registered for GST and this amount is shown on the host payout.
- We won’t collect your personal information unless it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities.
- If we hold your personal information we won’t use or disclose the information for the purpose of direct marketing without your consent.
- We have processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information, including encryption of all data when it is transferred to our service providers and limitations on access to personal information within our organisation.
- We use Stripe as the payment gateway for processing bookings and paying the host. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor, and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available. All card numbers are encrypted.